Are you annoyed by people who seem to enjoy exercise? What about people who eat healthfully with little effort? Why is it so easy for them and such a struggle for you? One simple reason could be time.
The longer you follow healthy behaviors, the easier they become and the best part is, you actually start to enjoy them. Your first step in getting to that happy place is to change your attitude.
What does a healthy lifestyle look like? For some people, it looks like a lifestyle without any kind of fun. You have to slog through boring workouts, avoid going out to restaurants and eat twigs and berries. What kind of fun is that? At first, it may look like you have to give up everything to lose weight, but what you gain from those changes is much more meaningful and satisfying. Not only will your body change, but your mind will change as well.
What to Enjoy About Healthy Eating
Here's what will happen if you keep maintaining that healthy diet:
- Your priorities change. The way your body feels after a healthy meal will become more important to you than the instant pleasure of having something loaded with fat or sugar.
- You'll enjoy healthy food. You can live without chips and Coke and you'll gladly give those things up once you experience how your body feels after healthier meals.
- You'll still enjoy your favorite foods. The only difference is frequency and portion size. Now, instead of having it several times a week, you might indulge once or twice a month or just have less of it when you do have it.
- You'll see food in a different light. Food becomes fuel rather than something that controls your life. If you exercise, you'll learn very quickly how food affects your workouts. Soon, you'll want better workouts which will motivate you to eat better.
- You'll feel more energized. Healthy food provides energy throughout the day. Eating a heavy, fatty meal can make you tired and lethargic. On the other hand, many people report more energy and being able to focus better after eating a healthier meal.
- You'll become more adventurous. Eating healthy often opens the door to more options than you usually give yourself. You'll try new vegetables and grains and experiment with herbs and flavors you've never tried.
- Your friends and family will benefit. Even if you're the only one eating healthy, those habits rub off on others. Being a good role model for your kids or co-workers is one way to teach them how to live healthily.
- You'll have tools to deal with temptation. Healthy eaters are much better at avoiding the usual pitfalls like party foods or overloaded buffets. They make an effort to eat regular meals so they're not starving, fill up on healthy foods first to eat less of the bad stuff, and choose a few quality treats to enjoy instead of everything in front of them.
In the beginning, your new eating plan may feel like work. But over time, it will become a natural part of your lifestyle. These changes come over time, sometimes weeks, months or years of slowly working on your habits and choices. Allowing yourself this time is crucial for permanently changing how you look at food and healthy eating.
Want to know more? Click here
Check out this awesome water bottle to start our Healthy Journey With Model with Purpose: